Wednesday, 26 July 2017

WOYWW What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday?

Hello fellow Desk Raiders. You've arrived at my shiny new blog. Look how tidy everything is! (For now.) My old blog is still around, I'm just separating the arty posts from the more personal ones is all.

My workshop desk this week has been the subject of a hostile (but cute) takeover. Since the summer holidays began, a little Bear has set up a production line out there. I'm getting lots of collage fodder out of it though, so who am I to complain?
A post shared by Carmen Wing (@whoopidoo.ings) on

This means I'm squished upstairs, although the tower of books has reduced a little. Some library books went back but I borrowed a couple more from a friend. I'm not showing you the pile on the floor behind me... or the one in front of my bookshelf... or the rest of them.
The Art of Carmen Wing - A look at what's on my work desk
On screen I was half watching, half listening to a YouTube video about gouache by Myriam Tillson. Very good it was too - I've now subscribed to the channel. I love her accent. The sketchbook page isn't gouache - I think it was random paint pens, it's an old page where I was testing out the effects. I'm going to black or white out parts of the page with a big skull later on today. Just playing around. 

I actually sat down to draw some skulls and then realised it was Wednesday - so here I am.
The Art of Carmen Wing - A look at what's on my work desk
I'm now off to link up with Julia - follow me over to find a list of many more work spaces to poke through.
Thanks for stopping by today  :)

12 comments:

  1. Hi Carmen, so much interesting stuff going on. I must say your cute little helper looks to be having fun. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #3 XxX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, start 'em off young, I say! How fab that he;s enjoying creating so much - I bet you don't mind losing your desk to him really, lol! I'm a pile o' books person too, I haven't joined the library here yet, it's on my to-do list which seems to be getting longer by the day!
    Hugs LLJ 6 xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great space and thanks for sharing xx Jan (36)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's what I call a great way to get backgrounds done. He certainly looks like he's having fun. You can't start them too soon LOL. I'm a library gal too as I have no more space in the house for new books. Happy WOYWW Sarah #23

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay, you've found the follow thingy. no idea why my profile pic isn't there, but I'm here following! Love the Bear with his (your?) brayer... great action he's got there! if you want to see piles of books, just pop over here.. lol. Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a very useful video about gouache - thanks for the link! She does have a sweet voice but I can't really place her accent! Love your video slide show - must look into that! Lots of lovely painty papers for you to use and the little one looks like he's having so much fun producing them! Happy WOYWW! zsuzsa #26

    ReplyDelete
  7. you're exploring gouache on top of having a cute little "bear' to share creative playtimes with. What a lovely summer it must be for you both! Lots of memories in the making.
    Ahhh...the smell of Winsor & Newton Ox Gall and the sound of the brush against the paper. I like gouache, even tho' I haven't used any for ages. Enjoy!
    Happy WOYWW!
    Rose #35

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely to see a young crafter engrossed and having fun. And I love the look of your desk, including the books. Thanks for sharing - Hazel, #25 x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy WOYWW. I wish my granddaughters lived closer so they could craft with me. We have a spare table that came out of the farmhouse before it was renovated, and planning to find space for it in my craft room - need to get rid of the large tv that I never watch. Will have a look at that Youtube channel. Ali x #11

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how sweet the bear is..and I agree..very useful collage pieces for when the mood strikes. Lovely to see him confidently using your gear! I think separating the blogs is a great idea, not least because it shows that youre taking your art seriously, and you should be. You have so perfectly evolved...its like I met you when you were a chrysalis!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm having to take my time getting round this week due to a bad head cold but I'll get there. I love your little helper, that's one way to get the Masterboards started. Happy belated woyww, Angela x19x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this Wednesday 'desk tidy' post! Interesting thoughts & interesting too about gouache. I'm currently trying to get to grips with Watercolours and treated myself to some gouache too yesterday (strictly Series A or 1 - its so darn pricey!!). Anyhow, I used to do calligraphy & illumination and always used gouache, its that happy little medium between acrylic & Watercolours. Keep up the good work Carmen & I'll see you also on the 'other side' (IG)! ;D Tx aka ladylovestea

    ReplyDelete

"Say your right words" the goblins said...